Content

Sep 19, 2014

blue hair blues


My blue hair journey began a lot like this: I love Kylie Jenner. I want to dye my hair. I want to dye my hair like Kylie Jenner's. And this all seemed good in retrospect. I bought two shades of manic panic semi permanent hair dye: voodoo blue and atomic turquoise, went to my hairdresser and let her do her thing. I figured semi permanent dye would fade quickly and allow me some time to decide if I really liked the color or not (my hair was ombré prior). 

However, I didn't do thorough enough research because my hair faded very slowly and very green-ly. It took about a 7 week process for my blue hair to fade and only seem slightly chlorine blonde (like I just bleached my hair and went swimming for a week). I also ended up using clarifying shampoo 4x a week to help get rid of the color. Clarifying shampoo can be really drying on most hair types, but it worked perfectly well for me. 

Aside from the fading process, I have extremely fine and oily hair. During my first few weeks of blue hair I was limited to washing my hair 2-3x a week to prevent instant fading, using dark towels, sleeping on dark towels (my sheets are white), and dripping blue all over the shower. I even felt limited to only wearing neutral colored tops and nail varnish because it really looked weird with brightly colored hair. 


Easy to say, it wasn't the best hair color choice for someone as low-hair maintenance as me. I still think it's such a pretty color and sometimes miss it, but the upkeep and fading process was just not worth it for me :( 

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *