Content

Jul 11, 2014

gay 90's

I was lucky enough to catch Mark Ryden's collection at the Kohn Gallery in LA ! It opened late May, and I was dying to go but couldn't find the time, but thankfully in its last weekend I was able to check it out. The gallery didn't disappoint--other than the fact that it consisted of two rooms and only took about 45 minutes to get through the entire thing (it was way too short). 
his work is phenomenal and had you could see all the hard work and creativity he put into it. Everything from the backgrounds to the frames! the detailing on the frames were so breathtaking and every little design was intricate and well executed. I would seriously pay to just have those frames (if I was rich lol). 

the side room had a series of sketches by Ryden and one of them thoroughly explained each and every detail in one of his paintings and I couldn't believe how everything in it stood for and represented somethjng. he's such an amazing artist and I would definitely check out his work if you're free! 

www.markryden.com 

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

some opinions, feelings, and pictures that reflect me in hopes to inspire you.


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *